Polytecnich (Diploma) in Civil Engineering is a 3 year diploma which is all about the infrastructural development and design techniques. During the course, students are exposed to various subjec-
ts of civil engineering including planning, drafting, surveying, estimation and costing, airport, railway bridge, construction technology, basics of highway, tunnel and harbor engineering.
Polytecnich (Diploma) in Civil Engineering also offers adequate exposure to reinforced concrete structures, material testing, quality control,construction management and entrepreneurship, professional practice and office procedures etc. Skills are developed in the students for problem solving, logical and analytical skills with the ability to grasp new techniques. Those who possess ability to evaluate designs, plans and projects and management of risk can apply for Diploma in Civil Engineering. The program at Indo Global College focuses on construction engineering and public health engineering.
Those who have completed their 10th class with Mathematics, Science and English as compulsory subjects can apply for Polytechnic Diploma in Civil Engineering at Indo Global College with a valid JET examination score card.
During first year, students are provided with excellent foundation with emphasis on foundation science courses. Communication skills of the students are sharpened for better learning of concepts. Students are given hands-on experience in understanding various civil engineering concepts like pipe laying, man holes constructions and inspection spots etc.
In the second year, students are introduced to basic civil engineering environment with surveying and concrete technology, and also with some plumbing codes, water supply in domestic and industrial area. Students also learn about advance surveying, solid mechanics and structural engineering subjects.
In the final year, students prepare a technical project which demonstrates their learning and capability to be part of several companies across the world. They undergo an internship program that makes students to practice all the core learning in the real-world industrial environment.
• To prepare students for a successful career in civil engineering
• To offer tailor made academic program for the specific need of the supervisory level manpower engaged in construction
• To provide quality education and technical skills to work at construction sites
• To familiarize students with the work environment at construction sites and organizations
• To provide better industry-education linkage by matching the educational requirements of learners
• The course equips students not only with sound knowledge in civil engineering but also improves their supervisory and administrative skills
• The demand of civil engineers is never ending
• After passing the course, students can also go for graduation and then postgraduate courses
• Students can join construction companies after the completion of their diploma
• Jobs are available in various sectors like PWD, private construction companies, MES, railways etc.
After the completion of the Diploma in Civil Engineering the students are:
• Capable of handling construction site work as a supervisor
• Eligible to work as a Junior Engineer in Govt./Pvt. Organizations
• Capable to set up their own civil engineering unit
• Apply knowledge and technical expertise in building, analyzing testing, operating and maintaining the industry work including relevant industry standard and code of practices.
• Structure Analysys Lab
• Transportation Lab
• Environmental Lab
• Computer Aided Design Lab
• Solid Mechanics Lab
• Geo Technology Lab
• Fluid Mechanics Lab